Six Tips for Finding Zeal in the Legal Profession
This visual resource features content from an article by Firm Founder and Managing Member of Digital Paralegal Services, LLCÂ®, Cathy L. Ribble, ACP. Â In the article, she discusses tips for changing your perspective in your personal and professional life. Here is a short preview of the article:
I am writing this article from my hotel room overlooking the city of Denver and the beautiful snow-capped mountains of Colorado.Â This business trip with my husband has reminded me how important it is for legal professionals to frequently step out of our normal every day perspective.
- Get out of town!Â This was a business trip, and our first flight was canceled due to the blizzard and 14 inches of snow which visited Oklahoma City.Â Unfortunately, it was not canceled until we had made our way from the country into the city on the snow and ice.Â We spent the night locally at our daughter Staceyâ€™s home because she lives closer to the airport. Â It was a wonderful evening with both of our daughters.Â We spend lots of time with them, but staying in their home gave us a different kind of opportunity to truly appreciate the women they have become.Â The next morning we caught a 6:00 a.m. flight for Denver.
- Make specific plans and just do it!Â I think we have great expectations for dream vacations.Â Sometimes we are guilty of just waiting for those trips â€” dream vacations orÂ anyÂ vacation â€” to magically happen. Â Making memories and experiencing times of renewal rarely happen without planning and stepping out to take action.
- Make your personal Bucket List!Â Life can be much shorter than we plan.Â Donâ€™t rob yourself of lifeâ€™s joys by simply saying, â€œSomeday, Iâ€™llâ€¦!â€Â Have you made that personalÂ Bucket List?Â No one knows exactly how many days are left in this life.Â Imagine the quality of life you might enjoy if you begin doing some of those things on the List now.Â The new perspective, energy and zeal you gain could totally change the direction of your personal and professional life.
- Capitalize on the ebb and flow changes in normal daily activities!Â The first day our Denver temperature was in the teens.Â The clerk at the hotel registration counter excitedly told us we would have a view of the mountains from our room.Â For nearly 24 hours, the clouds and snow blanketed the city so my field of vision was limited to immediate surroundings only.Â Today is a totally different story.Â Itâ€™s a beautiful, clear day and the view is breath-taking.
To continue reading this article, click here!
Please check out our otherÂ infographicsÂ and feel free to share.
To connect withÂ Digital Paralegal Services, LLCÂ® on SlideShare,Â click here!
- 25 Jan 2016
- Attorney/Lawyer Resources, Paralegal Resources